Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WHAT A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MOTHER IN LAW...

What a day in the life of a mother in law....
So today's subject is going to be about mother in laws. I actually have a few of them, lucky me!! Past and present!! Woo Hoo. And I am a mother in law so I do know a little bit about this subject.
I have a mother in law, that was never really my mother in law but she is my sons grandmother. I have an ex mother in law that I am glad that she is my ex. At this point in time I have 2 mother in laws, as my husband was adopted by his Aunt at the age of 6 so she is my mother in law here but his birth mother is still alive and we do have somewhat of a relationship with her also so my # as of today s king of 3! Past and present..
I have ha the mother in law that hates you for taking her son away from her and we did not get along at all. I sure hope that I never become that mother in law and if someone promises to tell me if I do I would certainly appreciate it.
My first kind of mother in law that I love to pieces has always been there for me and loves me as much as I love her. I thik that I hope to be a mother in law like that. My present mother in laws are wonderful women who have worked hard and struggled for everything they have so I hope to take some of the lesson's that I have learned from them and add those to my MIL repetoire also!!
I have had 2 daughter in laws, one of my sons has divorced in the reccent past so I guess that I am no longer her mother in law. Make me a little sad but I do have one daughter in law left that I love.
I strive to be a mother in law that does not butt their nose into every problem that a young couple goes through nor do I want to be the bossy problematic mother in law that always wants her way and intends to create problems between she and her husband. If she is ever to read this I hope that if she feels like I am doing any of the things that I just stated that I never want to do she feels like she can tell me.
I had an opprotunity to talk to a friend about her mother in law today that she is having issues with. There are some mother in laws out there that play head games, and I just don't understand why someone would do their best to cause stress where a relationship is already hard enough to deal with, ie... children, jobs, money, bills, who needs to add the mother in law stress???? What's up with that?
My suggestion to anyone that has a mother in law issue is to make it a job to win! Take whatever problem is going on at this time and out-think her! You all have great minds and can do this I am sure and if you ever need any help in figureing out how to deal with a situation, pease ask and I would be happy to hep you try to figure it out!
Good luck!

February 23, 2010 4:54 PM

1 comment:

  1. What a great subject!
    I have been one of the most fortunate daughter-in-laws having had the best MIL's in the world. My first husband's mom was a wonderful, caring and funny woman who worked hard and raised a great family. I met my second husband's mom only once and she was drunk at the time, and sadly died a drunk, as most of that family were also drunks. Too sad...glad that's over! Now my current MIL is like a regular mom. She has shared secrets with me she never had with her own sons or other daughters-in-law. She considers me the daughter she never had. I'm blessed.
    And I am a MIL myself and I think my son-in-law loves me like a mom, as I love him like the son I never had.
    Susan, a Washingtonian living in Missouri

    ReplyDelete